Friday, March 4, 2011

4th Work + Series as a Whole



The fourth work we set out on combined the inspiration from our third works with the recent investigation of found objects and color. For this last piece I united the somewhat random color composition of melted crayon droplets with the found element of a old music CD. To make the piece more intriguing I cut the CD in half and lifted the bottom side to raise it from the substrate and create a three dimensional aspect to the piece. 

The series as a whole came together just as I had wanted and ended out being extremely successful. Noted by the other students in my class a few common elements of my substrates include: the common central form element surrounded by a jumbled / randomized background composition : The use of bright colors in harmony with a strong symmetry thus balancing the piece and grounding it. All the piece hold a certain weight and intrigue which I find to be very unique and highly pleasing to the eye. This section turned out to be by far my favorite in addition to being the section which I produced my most accomplished works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment